Summer Leisure Program
Community Living London’s Summer Leisure Program is a specialized day camp for children with developmental disabilities.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Site Coordinator
- Assistant Counsellors
Length of Program:
40 per week
- Police check completed within the last year
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Substantive experience working with children and youth who have an intellectual disability, autism, dual diagnosis and behavioural challenges
- Knowledge and experience planning and leading recreation and leisure activities
- Knowledge and experience planning and leading community participation activities
- Demonstrated success in adapting to a variety of people, situations and environments
- Proven ability of being highly motivated, creative and flexible person
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks while juggling multiple schedules in a busy environment
- Ability to support a number of people with diverse needs and abilities at any given time
- Able to problem solve and have good organization skills
- Substantive experience providing personal care
- Present an image of professionalism when in the community
- Knowledge of community and available resources
Valued people Inclusive Communities: Community Living London is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Aboriginal persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply. Community Living London is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization’s representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Closing Date: April 7, 2017
Please forward all resumes to:
Community Living London
Community Services Supervisor
519-686-3000 ext. 373
We thank everyone for their interest in this position. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Reference checks will be sought. An interview will be administered. A written examination may be administered. Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position. Please identify clearly your current classification and your employment status on your resume and/or application form. Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent; we will contact candidates when the screening process is completed. For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with the candidates by email. Candidates who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid email address and make sure that this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
Part-time Developmental Support Workers
Closing Date: Ongoing
Responsibility: Providing supports to people with developmental disability in their home to live fulfilled lives.
MUST HAVE Requirements:
- Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance issued by local police station within the last 12 months
- Valid Ontario G2 or G driver’s license
- Completed Health & Safety Awareness Certificate (free training available online at www.labour.gov.on.ca)
- Completed/currently pursuing a related education (D.S.W, C.Y.W or equivalent) in the area of developmental disabilities and/or a demonstrated interest
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs such as Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, E-mail and Internet.
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid
- Related experience
- Access to vehicle
Community Living London is only able to consider applicants for interviews who have had a police clearance issued by a local police station within the last 12 months. If your police clearance was issued over 12 months ago please consider obtaining a renewed copy from your local police station before you apply for a position with us.
While police clearance applications are currently taking up to 3 months to process, you may be eligible to pay for an expedited service. Please contact your local police station for further information.
Applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to apply through our online Employee Application form.
Community Living London is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Community Living London is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization’s representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank you for your interest in Community Living London. We will review your resume and contact you if a suitable position is available.